Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Way to McDonald's

Yesterday, I went with my friend to McDonald's. He loves the dollar menu in which he can get McChicken, cheese burger, everything that he likes for a cheapest price. Honestly, I'm not a fast food fan but I'm not against it either. However, since I have been watching documentaries about fast food, reading about it too. I'm trying not eat it as much as used to do it, now it's mostly when is an emergency. Going back to the McDonals experience, my friend and I entered to the McDonalds of 40 St and soon as we went in we see this full line of people waiting to make their order and all the employees rushing to get them and complementing the smell of fast food in the air which is kind of oily or grease smell. We first started making the line to counter and while we were standing in the line I started asking him what he is going to eat. Well, he already knows 2 mcChickens, a cheese burger, large French fries and a medium soda and if he is not full enough he will ask for a icecream cone. On the other hand, I'm just standing looking at the menu and I really don't know what to asked for. I just see a whole wall full of food choices and at the same time flash-backs coming to my mind about all I read and saw about fast food, so I ended up asking for a McStrawberry Smoothie. I confess I love sugar and love smoothies and coffee collatas from Dukin Donnuts. After that we got the other and found where to seat. I started driking my smoothie while my friend was devorating the food, I was like "hey! Slow down.. Is not a food race" and my friend tells me that he so hungry that he can't help it. So while he was eating I was watching him eat and I see how does little hamburguers can be swallow by such a short period of time with out almost been chew it well enough it to pass it down. The french fries looked so shiny and crispy ready to be eaten but at the same full of oil. The soda very sweet and icie complementing the saltyness of the food. My smoothie was very cold and sweet and with some "fruit" pulp in it, causing me a brain freeze. Well, this is my experience going to McDonalds which lately has not been so great as other times, since now I'm cautious of what I'm going to put on my stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment